CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE TRAINING
1. Take the training course. It will require 4 to 6 hours, and includes a written examination and a shooting practical.
You must pass each with a score of 70% or better.
2. After you pass both tests we will provide you a CHL-100, which you must sign. You will mail it in with the supplementary required forms to your application to the State of Texas.
3. Visit the DPS Concealed Handgun site at http://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/chl/index.htm
- Click Apply for a New Concealed Handgun License you will need:
•Your Social Security Number.
•Your valid Texas Drivers License or Texas Identification card.
•Current demographic, address, contact, and employment information.
•Residential and employment information for the last five years.
•Information regarding any psychiatric, drug, alcohol, or criminal history.
•A valid email address.
•A valid credit card. (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express
5. Complete the online application process with Texas DPS.
6. Have your fingerprints taken. The ONLY way now is to have your prints scanned by L-1 Identity Solutions.
Their prints are 98% reliable, and they instantly transmit them to DPS. Note:
•L-1 does not take walk-ins, you must make an appointment.
•L-1 cannot take your prints until DPS has received your application.
•You must complete your online application BEFORE your fingerprint appointment can be scheduled.
The fee for Digital fingerprints is $9.95.
- Mail to Department of Public Safety:
•Documentation required if you apply under a special condition.
•Completed CHL-100, Concealed Handgun Proficiency Certificate provided by your instructor.
•Copy of your drivers license.
•Printed copy of the Bar-Code receipt you are given when you apply online with Texas DPS.
CHL Licenses and Private Instruction
PROUDLY SERVING LUBBOCK & WEST TEXAS
By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia,’ ‘the security of the nation,’ and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms,’ our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy… The Second Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.
John F. Kennedy